Wilderness Adventure Trek I
Be prepared to breathe in the beauty of the forest, make connections with new-found friends and leave feeling refreshed and alive!
Designed for the beginning backpacker this program includes basic instruction on how to prepare and undertake a 1 night wilderness adventure. Participants will go on a 3 mile, easy to moderate, scenic hike and camp out in a primitive setting.
Instruction will include the following:
· Conditioning designed to strengthen the core muscles needed for hiking and carrying a back pack
· Instruction on packing and carrying a backpack for a 1 night wilderness adventure
· Hiking techniques to maximize energy on the trail
· Foods to carry and instruction to prepare simple campfire meals (food is included in program fee)
· Water essentials – using lifestraws and chemical purification methods
· Tips on setting up camp, storing food, building a campfire & staying safe while in the forest